Thursday, March 13, 2008

Limping into the 21st century

According to my sister, I'm now much closer to being cool... I've joined Facebook. I'm still trying to sort out what all this is about. I've found some old friends there, and that's nice. I'm definitely enjoying being able to reconnect with people I haven't talked to in so long.

It gives me a sense of perspective. Life has continued for all these people, even though I haven't been there. Which is not to say that I think I'm not important, just that I take myself too seriously sometimes. In my own world, I am the center of the universe. My family enables me. I get my way a lot. In their words (and my own) I am a princess. I don't like things to be too difficult. Which is not to say that I don't fight for what's important, just that I keep it to a minimum at all costs. So, in my normal center-of-all-things attitude, I forget that my friends have continued on in their lives, falling in and out of love, moving around, having children, in other words living, even though I am not there. I suppose it happens to everyone to some extent, we can only concentrate on some many things at once... something/someone ends up on the shelf.

So welcome to reality, princess!

Also, it's been a few posts since I added some pictures. So here they are:

I don't have a baby anymore! He's very much an independent toddler.


They are phasing me out... don't need my help pushing on the swings, going down slides... I can just sit back and watch, and take lots of cute pictures.

No comments: