Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Busy

Marathon training is picking up, and I haven't had much time for writing. But, as I noted before - if I don't write people don't have anything to read. Interest wanes quickly in this digital-age.

I have the official flyer for Gary Morse's charity concert! Printed today at Tri Lakes Printing, where they also let me post one. Very exciting. Tomorrow my goal is to plaster them all over town. WHich should be fun, since I also have a 6 mile run, 9 hours at the office, and a knitting group. See why I think there aren't enough hours in the day?

Since it's been a while since I linked to it, here is my fundraising page. I've raised $200 dollars to date. That's good. But it's not good enough. Not just because my goal is $3,000. I'm really not that selfish. I want this money to go to the National Stroke Association because they do good work. They help health professionals like me get the word out about stroke - so that someday stroke will not be the #4 cause of death and a major cause of lasting disability. And for you younger folks out there reading: stroke does not just happen in the elderly. Watch this.  After the marathon is over, I hope to start doing more community outreach programs through my job as stroke nurse. I want to visit schools and start talking to kids about stroke. Because it can happen at any age. And National Stroke Association is where I will turn for quality materials and ideas. That's one reason why I support them, and I hope that you will too.

No comments: