Monday, September 02, 2013

It's Late

And I should really be asleep. But I've noticed, if I don't write - people don't read. And the fewer people that read, the fewer people I get my message to. So... I'm writing a quick update, and hoping that it finds new readers as well as the old.

It was a good Labor Day weekend, and I got some much needed rest, and an even more needed long run. I'm up to 16 miles, and oh my goodness did it hurt! But it's done, and the confidence booster is that next week when I do 18, it probably won't hurt quite as much.

Next weekend is also the weekend I hike Pikes Peak for the Brain Injury Alliance. My husband will be there with me, and it should be lots of fun. Mostly because it's a supported hike, and one way only - van rides down.
I have businesses to thank: Black Forest Pies & Grinders, Table Rock LLamas Yarn, Black Forest Auto, and R&R Coffee have all generously allowed me to take up counter space with my donation jars (though sadly no donations from those sources as of Friday - but I never give up!)

AND I'm so excited to announce that my fundraising bracelets from Project Bead have arrived. They are beautiful! I'm having technical difficulties posting my pictures tonight, so please check out the link to Project Bead and look at the MeganStrong Bracelets. I'm selling them - buy them from me! I promise pictures later.

That's all for now folks! Remember to visit my fundraising page, if you haven't already, and give! Every little bit counts, and it's less than 6 weeks to the NYC Marathon. Your generosity gives me motivation on my long runs - knowing that people are rooting for me helps me stay on track.

No comments: