Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I'm In!

Three cheers for me! I've been accepted into the accelerated nursing program at God's Own Personal University... hereinafter GOPU. I'm so excited/relieved/tense. It'll be one heck of a busy year starting in January. This will mean living solely off DM's income while I get educated (again). My heart is pounding in my throat, wondering how much further into debt we are going to get before I'm done. We're already pretty far down the slippery slope. But in 18 months, diploma in hand I'll be infinitely more employable, and I'll be making 2 gazillion times more money than I do now (yes, that's an exact calculation). Shovel in hand, I will bury this debt-hole we've sunk into... debt consolidation be-damned, I'm going to pay it all off on my own! So much for my claim of being ambitionless. Now to find the money to pay the deposits...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you! This has been a long time coming. You are going to make such a great nurse. Well, except for the bedside manner thing...HAHA!

But seriously, congratulations!!!! There is finally a light at the end of the tunnel.

You want me to start looking for jobs around here for you??? I wish.

LeperColony said...

'Gratz. Health care is a demanding line of work, or so I've always heard. Personally I don't think it's for me, but I'm glad other people do it!