Thursday, August 24, 2006

St. Jude Marathon Update

On a different subject, I'm up for a challenge this weekend. I'm supposed to do 11 miles with my running group (the Memphis Running Beans... cute name huh?) I've never done a distance like that. I've been barely working out... three miles here and there. Yesterday I did five. I feel good, but... This is what I get for setting a lifetime goal of running a marathon. Anyway, please check out my fundraising page because the marathon I'm going to run in benefits St. Jude, and all the money I collect goes straight to them and the very worthy cause of saving children's lives. Did you know that no child is turned away because of financial reasons? They take rich, poor, uninsured, whatever. So every dollar I raise goes to helping some child get treatment that his/her parents can't afford.

1 comment:

LeperColony said...

Eleven miles? Quite impressive. The last time I ran even a single mile was some eight years ago in high school.

Good luck.