Monday, August 28, 2006

Lucky Me

I'm feeling euphoric tonight. Probably it's just the endorphins from my run, but I take what I can get. Actually, before my run I was in a terrible mood. I'd just gone to the first Parent Association meeting of the year. What a fiasco. Forty-five minutes of "Wouldn't it be cool if... but I'm not volunteering to do that, maybe some of the stay-at-home moms or dads could..." Blah Blah Blah. "I'm so busy and important; you can't expect me to actually do any of the things I'd like to see done" Self-important twits. Immediately following the meeting, I drove home and went on a run. I feel Fabulous, and I'm nearly ready for bed. I think I may end up volunteering for a technology commitee and maybe help maintain or moderate a parent-teacher blog or something. I could do that, with the weird hours I keep... but helping at the more traditional bake-sale type thing, or organizing the fundraising events sounds like hell on earth for me. Funny, I love to bake... it must be the people I hate dealing with.

Well, Simba tells me it's time to go to bed. Simba is my slightly Hitler-like cat (and I stole that from here...) who allows me and Daddy Mushroom to sometimes share his bed. He is staring at me from his perch above my head on the back of the recliner I am awkwardly nesting in. He obviously can't understand why I would sit here typing when I could be stroking his soft fur, and cuddling with him in his queen size. I can't resist sharing this one last picture. He will surely be embarassed to know that he is now captured for posterity actually cuddling with one of the dogs. That's what he gets for taking possession of the bed...

1 comment:

LeperColony said...

"one of the dogs"? How many pets do you have?