Thursday, July 20, 2006

Couch Mushrooms

Today's post will be short, because I am very tired. Here are my darling couch mushrooms. We start them young... Actually, I try not to let them watch much TV, but it's so ungodly hot here that even when they want to play outside it's about two minutes before they are back inside, asking for water and saying it's too hot. Obviously I don't even think about taking the baby out.

We did some hot gardening work today. Kaj is really trying to be as helpful as possible. I wish I'd taken a picture of the boys when they were done helping with the mulching. They were like the 101 dalmations who rolled in the soot to look like labradors... black mulch dust from head to toe. But I was in too much of a hurry to get them in the tub... Here's a nice picture of one of the few Gazanias to survive my pitiful attempts at gardening.

1 comment:

LeperColony said...

Personally I've never understood the allure of gardening. Of course, everyone's hobbies seem strange to the uninitiated, but the plants don't DO anything. They just grow.