Tuesday, July 04, 2006

My Independence Day

I was decidedly un-American tonight. I skipped the fire works completely. I never liked them much, and the baby and Eli were frightened of the noise. In typical Eli fashion, he cried and begged to go out to see the fireworks then once he was out he cried at the noise and ran for the door again. Funny kid.

My marathon training should have begun this week. Unfortunately, I have been a slacker. Tomorrow I will start, and be more regular about it. Not that I haven't said that before.

I'm waiting impatiently for word about nursing school. Realistically it's far too soon, since the applications were due July 1 and it's been a holiday. I shouldn't expect anything for weeks. It's hard to wait when so much of my future hinges on the decision of people I've never met.

No comments: