Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Summertime Blues







Here's another cute picture of Eli being silly and trying on the baby's hat. He looks quite dashing, I think.









And here's one of the boys having fun at the park today.









It's hot and humid tonight (of course, that's like saying there's ice in Antartica). My garden looks absolutely pathetic. I am an uninspired gardener, and an apathetic housekeeper. I start ambitious projects, and never finish them. I'm sure that the neighborhood whatchacallit is a step away from calling the city. My yard will never be voted yard of the month, and my house... well, it looks like two whirlwind preschoolers have control. I'm almost sad about that. Actually, what is sad is how nice the house and yard can look when I have an afternoon to spend on it. I have to keep reminding myself that now, as the mother of three boys under five years old I need to lower my standards. An entire day can go by when all I accomplish is getting them dressed and fed, keeping their faces and butts clean, and maybe putting a load of laundry in or sweeping the floor. Getting them ready to go somewhere and actually leaving the house is a two hour adventure. With time frames like that, I somehow expect to have time to weed the garden, workout, read a book, wash the dogs? I suppose there are women out there who can do it all. I'm just not one of them. I keep saying, maybe when the baby is older. But really, how long can you go without vacuuming?

No comments: